How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good evening I am student in the UK. I have applied a

This answer was rated:

Good evening

I am student in the UK.

I have applied a uk visa ( extantion) for my old visa from my home country. I had applied 5 Aug and still I didn't get it. My course will start shortly.

My old visa will expire in Nov.

If I withdrwa my passport from embassy does it effect my old visa?
I am planing to withdraw my passport then go to the UK and reapplying in the uk for extension.

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

You mean that when your course finish to returned home and applied for another visa to study in the uk?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, I have one year to finish my course. But my visa will expire in Nov 2013.

I did an application (extension) from my home country but they toke so long.

I am home and I want to go back to UK as my course will start end of Sep. Can I withdrawl my passport without effecting my old visa that will expire Nov ??
I will do another visa application when I go to the UK.
Thank you for your reply.

I think you have the concept of extension confused. You can only extend your visa from within the uk not from outside the uk. Therefore any application you have submitted from outside the uk will be for a new visa as a tier 4 and not an extension.

As you have submitted a new application from outside the uk your previous visa would automatically be replaced by either a new visa of revoked and you would not have a valid visa any more.

If you applied in August then a decision may already have been made. You should note that withdrawing your application can take at least 20 working days so you should withdraw it as soon as possible. If a decision has not been made on your application the. You would be able to enter the uk using your visa provided that you show evidence that you are still studying (but how will you be able to provide this evidence if you have been outside of the uk since at least august).

These are the kind of questions that the immigration officer may ask you upon entry to the UK. This may make it more difficult to enter the uk.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So should I wait tell they faynilised my visa?
Thank you for your reply.

Yes you should therefore wait and then travel to the UK with your new visa. This would be the best option in your case.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is my 24 working days. Is it normal and what is maximum working days they take?
As my course date is :25 Sepetember
Do you think that they should finish and send back my passport before?

Thank you
Thank you for your reply.

It depends on how busy the visa centre is but yes the visa should be returned before your course starts. It can even be returned a week before your case is due to commence.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is there a UK number that I can call to compliment or an email that may help me to contact in the British embassy ?
Thank you for your reply.

Because your application was submitted from outside the uk if you call any number in the uk they will just tell you to contact the embassy in your home country. You need to obtain the number from your embassy and complain to them.

Kind regards

Related UK Immigration Law Questions