How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second question pertaining to previous one. When I do go to

This answer was rated:

Second question pertaining to previous one. When I do go to travel back to the US I will be doing so with my 9 month old that was born in the UK. I have obtained both a USA and an Austrian passport for her already. However, there are obviously no stamps in either. Question is will I have any issues entering either US or UK with her blank passport? The second question is--what will I need from my husband in order to take our child to the USA? Will we need a permission letter from him?

If you want to be absolutely certain of having no issues then I recommend that you get a sworn affidavit from your husband (a sworn oath) to confirm that you have permission to take the child overseas. Also take the child's birth certificate.


The chances are that you will not have any problems - some countries are hotter about children travelling with only one parent than others. Going between the US and the UK it is likely that it will not be an issue and that even a letter of permission would be more than adequate.

Howard and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you