UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I was just refused entry on my Tier 2 work visa application

Customer Question

I was just refused entry on my Tier 2 work visa application to the UK. I was sponsored by a company in the UK but I dsiclosed that I had a DUI over a year ago. The case has been discharged. The reason they gave was that I did not give enough reason that the benefits to the UK of me working there outweighed my DUI.

My query is, do I have a good basis for appeal and if I appealed does my prospective employer been notified that my initial application was denied?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

In respect of your appeal, I would state that the only way this would be overturned is if you state mitigating circumstances surrounding your conviction and also state why these should be taken in to account when deciding your appeal in addition, I would agree that you must also state reasons why your conviction should be overlooked in favour of granting your visa application. What you need to do is state the benefits of your employment in the uk and how this will help your employment future.

In respect of your employer yes they would have been notified via the home office management system.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Kind regards