How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7612
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, is it possible to do a masters course for one year using

This answer was rated:

Hi, is it possible to do a masters course for one year using a student visitor visa.

Thanks for your question.

I am afraid not.

As part of the conditions and requirements of the visa you must not be studying a course which is more than 6 months in length. The only time that you are allowed a longer course of this type of visitors visa is where you are taking an english language course.

You will see that this is confirmed here:

Please see the penultimate bullet point of the bullet points which starts with "You must also be able to show that:"

If you wish to undertake a masters and get a visa for the hair then we have to apply for tier 4 adult student visa in normal way.

I am sorry.

If this is useful please kindly click accept and rate my answer as okay service or above. If you do not then I do not receive any credit for the time to answer your question.

Kind regards


Thomas and 2 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions