How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello! I I have problems with the police. for stealing from

This answer was rated:

Hello! I I have problems with the police. for stealing from the store I was detained and will be judged. I'm waiting for a visa from the home office. Police arrest caused a home office. affect whether the record is for a visa?
What visa application have you made and when did you make it?

If this has happened AFTER you submitted your application then it should not be an issue as the application should be judged based on the circumstances at the time of application.

If you have not applied for ILR or citizenship yet then you should be aware that if you have a criminal conviction then it should be 'spent' before you can apply.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I made an immigration application EEA2 . I came to this country illegally. lived here for 9 years. 3 months ago married a Lithuanian man. documents to the home office for a visa filed on July 18, the criminal incident happened on August 16. I have permission to work from home office. can they do for me and the refusal to send me from UK

They should judge the application based on the situation at the time of applying for this type of application.


Don't forget you do not need the residence card in order to have the right to be in the UK with an EEA partner who is exercising treaty rights. The residence card merely CONFIRMS your right to be here - it does not GRANT the right to be here.


Please remember to rate the service that I have provided.

Howard and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Today I'm going to them. must bring proof of address. they may want to have more? and you are sure that I can not be deported?
You should not be deported.

If any questions are raised about your visa status then you must make clear that you have an application at the Home Office and that you have the right to be in the UK as a family member of an EEA national exercising treaty rights in the UK, regardless of the outcome of the application. Remember - the residence card application is simply to CONFIRM the right that you ALREADY HAVE to be in the UK.

They might ask for evidence of the relationship and evidence that your partner is working in the UK, much of which is likely to be with the Home Office of course, so take what you can just in case.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much.