How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

dow you need bta to fly from south Africa to the u,k.

This answer was rated:

dow you need bta to fly from south Africa to the u,k.

Sorry, what do you mean by "bta"?

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

British travel allowance when i went on line it said it was a scam


Who is saying you need this?

Can you give me some details about what they have said this is?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

friends in south Africa say they have been asket for £750gbp before they can board the plaine.


Who is asking them though please?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

they say its customs


Thanks for your patience.

This sounds very much like a scam.

The regulatory body for immigration to the UK is the United Kingdom Border Agency. They regulate travel to the country by ensuring that visitor’s have visas. As part of the application process for a visa applicants are required to demonstrate that they have sufficient money to meet the costs of accommodation and expenses during their stay.

If they are able to they are granted a visa.

If they are not, then they are not granted a visa.

Once a person has a visa they are free to travel to the UK without paying any more money. They most that may happen is that they may be asked to show they have the money in their bank account by producing a statement but the UKBA would NOT take any more money from them.

This sounds very much like a scam to me. There are many like it using different terminology. Many of them, sadly, are based in Africa.

If they have visas granted by the UKBA then they will be fine. They should not pay the money.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you