How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am married in the Philippines and using my ex husband surname

This answer was rated:

I am married in the Philippines and using my ex husband surname though we are no longer together for more than 3 years ex husband is in the Philippines and I sent him a divorce paper last year after spoken to him and agreed both on the conditions regarding our children, properties and support and that I am going to send him divorce paper for him to sign which he agreed. But he changed his mind when he got the divorce paper.

I want to get married here whilst I am in post study work visa. Can I do that here? Thank you very much.
You cannot marry unless you are free to marry, meaning that you are not currently married to anyone else. You must obtain a divorce first and then you can get married to someone else. When you marry you are asked to declare that you are not currently married - if you falsely declare that you are free to marry then this could have serious implications in the future.
Howard and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you