How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am bangladeshi age 23 , now live in northern ireland , uk

This answer was rated:

i am bangladeshi age 23 , now live in northern ireland , uk and i was in tire 2 visa ,,my visa has been expire 2 month ago,,,can i go republic Ireland and can i apply for refugee at republic ireland , and how come or do i have any other option ?
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

On what basis would you be applying for a refugee status?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

political basis is that ok? i can bring some document from my back country

Thank you for your reply.

There is nothing preventing you from claiming asylum in another country provided that you have adequate evidence regarding your situation. What you have to take in to account is that the home office will ask you questions such as:

1. Why have you claimed asylum so late only after your visa expired?
2. Can you live in another part of your country where you will be safe?
3. Is you evidence credible (truthful)?

What you need to ensure is that you are able to address all the concerns of the home office and inform them of why you have applied for asylum so late and did not consider applying before.

Because you are an overstayer your options are limited, you may wish to submit a Tier 2 application again and ask the home office to consider your especial circumstances and overlook your 2 months without a visa, but this will depend on whether the case worker wants to exercise discretion and issue you with a visa.

In either case by being an overstayer you are committing a criminal offence and should either leave the UK or submit an application as soon as possible.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

need more help.

please read this .


i came uk 2009 by tire 4 visa then this year April i applied for tire 2 skill worker and i got refuse and i didn't appile against this result . was thinking to re-apply on student visa but in this time i received a latter and its says , my tire 2 application is successful and it came with a biomatic card (expire 2016) . then 1 month later, i try to get a job then the employer when they check my visa status they find out my BPR card is not valid. then i posted it to ok,,, still i didnt receive any ans from them ,,,



they i did contact with ukba croydon office and they transfer me to Sheffield and i told them every thing and ask them what i do now .,,,,



then ans me ,,,


Dear Mr Chowdhury,


This email is in response to your query regarding what steps you should take following the refusal of your Tier 2 application.


Following consultation with my superior I have to inform you that we are not in a position to advise you on what steps you should be taking next.


We can only suggest you to seek advice from an immigration advisor or a solicitor and they will advise you on the right course of action to take.


Thank you.


Mohamed Ruslan

TMT 16

Home Office

Vulcan House Iron





and ukba still got my passport,,,,



please tell me what shoud i do now ,, my tire 4 visa has been expire April 2013

Thank you for your reply.

It does seem strange that the Home Office issued you with a visa and then refused to return your passport.

Your only option I would suggest is try and obtain a CAS letter from a college and re apply, the only issue you will fact with this application is that you would be applying as a new student, which means that you would need to show funds of £7000 - 9000 plus course fees as a new student.

It does seem likely that if you were to submit a Tier 2 visa it would be refused on the basis that you are an overstayer BUT a tier 4 visa may still be obtainable provided you meet all the requirements of the rules.

Apart from this any application you submit is likely to be refused. If you are married or in a relationship with a British National or EEA national or have British or EEA national child, you may include this in your application to give it more weight.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i girl friend live in bangladesh and her nationality is Italian but she dont have her passport with her ,bez of some family problem ...

i live with my aunt and she maintain every thing for me so can i show her , she supporting me some thing like that.


or is their any other way for me ,,,


or if i go republic of Ireland (NOT UK IRELAND) and clam for asylum, how its gonna work ,

Thank you for your reply,

It would be much easier for you to return to Bangladesh and then move to a European country with your girlfriend as she is an Italian citizen.

If you do travel to Ireland all you need to state is that you want to claim asylum and they will take you through the process themselves, they will interview you and access how truthful your claim is. They may grant you permission to remain in Ireland until your asylum claim is processed.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

or can i show ,,, i live with my aunt and she maintain every thing for me so can i show her , she supporting me some thing like that.????? i will apply for tire 4 visa . and i have to show money i have show ... i dont have enough money in my account so if i show some one elas account from back country is that ok?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can i get your contact information , email me , [email protected] please , i need some help with documant

Thanks you for your reply.

Unfortunately due to the strict policies regarding the website I an unable to provide any contact details.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will apply for tire 4 and send them all document, what i received from ukba . ( tire 2 visa document and every thing) and wright a latter to consider this 2 month gap,. ..... is that ok ,, is their any chance to consider it? bez its not my mistake

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I believe that provided that you meet the requirements of the Tier 4 visa this should not be an issue. Yes do explain to them the reason why there is a 2 month gap.

What you need to bare in mind is that because you are an overstayer, any decision made on the application will be at the discretion of the home office and therefore there will always be a risk of refusal with any application you submit.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

and when i receive 1st refusal latter from ukba ... they said (another dicision has been made to remove you from uk) after this i receive visa successfull latter ,,,,and now i am trying to apply again ,, is that ok>>>>

Thank you for your reply.

You would need to explain the whole situation to them when you submit your application for a Tier 4 visa. It will then be up to the home office to decide whether to issue you with a visa or not.

Kind regards

Related UK Immigration Law Questions