How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a carer to my disabled son, I have just returned to work

This answer was rated:

I am a carer to my disabled son, I have just returned to work part time working 20 hours a week my finances are as follows
Salary month £640.00
Child benefit £81.20
Child tax credits £578.32
DLA for son Care and mobility £537.50
Working tax credit 256.50
Savings 980.00 at the moment

I am also entitled to an small amount of housing benefit now because of my low income, so I do have access to public funds as an British citizen

Partners from pakistan who is in UK on valid work permit expiry 20 Dec 2013, currently living separately.

If we marry will i have to stop claiming housing benefit, his visa states no access to public funds but in reality his not getting it, I am in the form of housing benefit.

Could you tell me what my options are

I also know am exempt from salary threshold.
If he will simply maintain his work permit status and continue on that path to ILR and Citizenship then you claiming benefits does not matter - the conditions of his visa are that he is not claiming benefits. If the benefits relate to household income and this changes then you must of course ensure that you inform the relevant department but when doing so ensure that benefits are ONLY in your name and that they are NOT in any way associated with your partner.

Please let me know if this answers your question and feel free to ask any further associated questions.
Howard and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you