Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

I am a carer to my disabled son, I have just returned to work

I am a carer to my disabled son, I have just returned to work part time working 20 hours a week my finances are as follows
Salary month £640.00
Child benefit £81.20
Child tax credits £578.32
DLA for son Care and mobility £537.50
Working tax credit 256.50
Savings 980.00 at the moment

I am also entitled to an small amount of housing benefit now because of my low income, so I do have access to public funds as an British citizen

Partners from pakistan who is in UK on valid work permit expiry 20 Dec 2013, currently living separately.

If we marry will i have to stop claiming housing benefit, his visa states no access to public funds but in reality his not getting it, I am in the form of housing benefit.

Could you tell me what my options are

I also know am exempt from salary threshold.
If he will simply maintain his work permit status and continue on that path to ILR and Citizenship then you claiming benefits does not matter - the conditions of his visa are that he is not claiming benefits. If the benefits relate to household income and this changes then you must of course ensure that you inform the relevant department but when doing so ensure that benefits are ONLY in your name and that they are NOT in any way associated with your partner.

Please let me know if this answers your question and feel free to ask any further associated questions.