How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hai, i am working as a nurse under tier 2 visa. My spouse wants

This answer was rated:

Hai, i am working as a nurse under tier 2 visa. My spouse wants to join me as my dependent. He has kept £900 in his account in India for 90 days. Is this enough for him to apply for visa?
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

How long have you been working in the uk on a tier 2 visa?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
One year and 4 months now
Thank you for your reply.

To be eligible for permission to stay (leave to remain) as a dependant of a tier 2 applicant, your dependant must show that they have enough personal funds to support themselves for the entire time of stay here.

You and your dependants should have already assessed the potential living costs, based on past living expenses, to make sure that you have enough funds to support yourselves.

If you or your dependants are unable to meet the maintenance requirements, your application will be refused.

If the main applicant under tier 2 is outside the UK or has been in the UK for less than 12 months, the family member must show that the main applicant or the dependant has at least £600 to support the dependant as well as the funds needed to support the main applicant. This is unless the sponsor of the migrant has agreed to maintain and accommodate the dependant until the end of the first month.

If the main applicant has been present in the UK for 12 months or more, the main applicant or the family member of the Tier 2 applicant must have £600 to support themselves.

For example, if you are the main applicant and you are bringing 2 children with you to the United Kingdom, you must have your £900 for your maintenance (funds) and £1,200 for your children, so a total of £2,100.

In your case your spouse has sufficient funds in his account and he will meet the maintenance requirement under the Immigration Rules.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Does he need to show the source of income?
Thank you for your reply.

No, provided that the money is in his account for the period of time and he can provide evidence of this through 3 months of bank statements, it should not be an issue.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Kind regards

Related UK Immigration Law Questions