How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are a British and Dutch couple who have lived and worked

This answer was rated:

We are a British and Dutch couple who have lived and worked in Germany for the last 40+ years. We are now both retired. We are in the process of buying a property in UK, however for the SDLT we both need NI nos.
Can you help us here? We have contacted the UK job centre but have to have a residence in the UK and job to get a NI no.
Linda and Jeen
You do not need to be resident in the UK to buy a UK property and you do not need a NI number. You can enter your passport number instead of an NI number (box 51 I believe).
Howard and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
I note that you have viewed the answer that I provided. Please confirm that your question has been answered so that the thread can be closed. You should also rate the service provided- it not only helps me but also helps other customers by letting them know the level of service they can expect to receive.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions