How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


This answer was rated:

Hi, i just finished my MAster degree in Engineering with a Tier4 visa. How CAN I extend my visa if I haven't got any job offer here in the UK? The second question is this. Will it be possible to my elder sister Who is British to sponsor me even if she just lost her job and she is ill due to long term illness? Regards
You cannot extend the visa.

You need to get sponsorship from a UK employer and apply under Tier 2 General.

An alternative could be a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa if you qualify and went to a Participating Higher Education Institution:

Your sister would not be able to sponsor you unless you were financially dependant on her, which would be highly unlikely given the circumstances.

What is your nationality and how long have you been in the UK?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm from Gabon. I have Been in the UK for 6 years.
So the only options are the ones I have outlined or 4 more years of study to get you to a 10-year Long Residence application for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

If you find an employer who will sponsor you then the application can be very straightforward as the job would not need to have been advertised if you hold Tier 4 status and have achieved the qualification for which your visa was awarded and that qualification is at degree level of above.
Howard and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you