How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a person was granted a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa (for 3 yrs)

This answer was rated:

If a person was granted a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa (for 3 yrs) after showing £200,000 available for spend in UK business as a part of application, can he/she then apply for extension of same visa (for another 2 yrs) based on the fact that company he/she founded raised £50,000+ from accredited UK investor?

there is an option for those seeking entrepreneur visa to prove they secured £50,000 investment from a local accredited investor. I'm not sure if one can get the visa initially based on money in bank (£200,000) but then raise money from investors (£50K+) within 3 years and show that it (50K from a venture firm, rather than 200K of personal money) was spent on company's operations.

You can only extend a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa on the basis of a £50K investment if the initial visa was granted on that basis.


If you obtained the visa on the basis of having £200K available to invest then it is a requirement of the visa when trying to obtain an extension that you have invested the £200K figure into the business (it doesn't need to have been spent - simply invested into the business), that you are registered as self-employed or as a Director of a Company and that you have created new jobs.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Could you please provide a reference to appropriate source? Maybe from UKBA site?

In the section for extension applications. These are basic requirements - extensions are assessed on the basis of the initial approval - if you say you will invest £200K then the Home Office expect this to have been done.
Howard and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions