UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Hi,my sister in law has a 6months visiors visa,on arrival

Customer Question

Hi,my sister in law has a 6months visior's visa,on arrival at heathrow this morning,for a 2weeks visit (she has a 2weeks return ticket)they've been questioning her and still haven't cleared her into the UK based on the fact that she is 30weeks pregnant.I have told her to tell them that we will be happy to pay for any private medical bills,if necessary.
What can I do as soon as possible
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Did she disclose that she was pregnant in her application form?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No - there was no question as to whether or not she is pregnant
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

The home office do have a section which states that 'is there any other information you would like us to consider as part of your application '. Applicant's usually state any additional information in respect of their circumstances in this part of the form.

I do not think that her being pregnant should be a bar to her gaining entry to the uk, what they home officer is worried about are two things :

1. Will she be able to pay for the pregnancy.

2. If she does give birth does that mean she would be overstaying her 6 months visa as she may not be able very own travel so soon after giving birth.

There is not much you can do at this moment in time. I do not think that they will detain her, they would most probably ensure that she will return in two weeks a grant her limited leave to enter which will be restricted to two weeks, this would usually be the case.

Until the home office ask her to submit particular documents you are unable to do so therefore the best thing to do is wait and if they refuse her entry she can always appeal the decision. I do not think this will be the case and she is more likely to be given temporary admission to the uk.

You must wait for the home officer's decision before taking any steps to provide, bank statements regarding ability to pay, letters of support etc.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Kind regards