How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7618
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, my grandfather came to uk in 1963, but he took nationality

This answer was rated:

Hi, my grandfather came to uk in 1963, but he took nationality 1983, my mother came to uk 1978 and she had 5 years visa, then my mother didnt took nationality and went back to pakistan, my grand parents and my mom's brothers and sister are british citizen, now my mather want back uk, how we will start process, plzzz answer

When did your mother return home please?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thanks for give me time, she return to pakistan 1983 and then married in pakistan in 1984, now my mom want to back uk, becuase my grandfather died in 2002 and my grandmother is in uk

Thanks for your patience.

I’m afraid that if your mother was not entitled to UK citizenship automatically at birth because one of her parents was already a UK citizen and your mother left the UK before obtaining ILR and naturalising as a UK citizen then her options are very limited.

If your mother did obtain ILR in the UK after her visa but not UK citizenship then the only application (apart from the one I will mention in a minute) that she would have a remote chance of getting would be a Returning Residents visa:-
The problem with this is that in order to be automatically eligible she should have been outside the UK for less than two years, which she has not been.

They do sometimes approve application where the applicant has been outside the UK for slightly more than two years if the applicant can show that there are compelling family ties to the UK.

However, your mother’s gap outside the UK is much, much more than this and so I would not be particularly confident that she would have a reasonable prospect of an approval if she applied.

The only other alternative would be for her to apply on the basis that she is an Elderley Dependent Relative:-

You will see from the above link that the application criteria is very restrictive and relates to a case where the adult applying requires care to carry out day to day tasks and cannot get that care in her home country. If your mother does not meet this then she would not be able to apply under this category I’m afraid. If she does meet it though then she can apply.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thanks for suggestion, my mother have only 5 years visa, if my grandmother want my mother come to uk, how we do this? And 2 question i am student in uk can this possible my grandmother help me but she didnt have anything, my grandma take benefits and living in counsil house, reply plzzz

It's the same as above. On the facts the only options for your mother to come here are those in my answer above.

I do not really understand your second question. Please contruct your sentence carefully.

Thanks for rating my answer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi,sir my girlfriend from solvakia and i am illegal pakistani student and now she want marry with me, i am ready for marriage, how we make appointment with rigestry office uk without passport, last month my student visa refused and no right of appeal, plzz give me advise,,,, thanks sir

This is a completely separate question to your original one.

PLease submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom” and I will answer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi FAO tom, my student visa refused last month, and now i am illegal, my girlfriend from solvakia, we are living together now we mant marriage, how i make appoiment without passport, she have all documents, how we go to registry office for marriage uk, plzz help me sir,,,

You have to post a new question to the board, not just reply to the old question thread.