How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how can i my lost immigration reference number?

Customer Question

how can i my lost immigration reference number?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Could you explain your situation a bit more?
What is your question?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how do i retrieve it?


Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

If you have submitted an application to the Home office then they would have a copy of your application in there file, which would have all your reference numbers.

What you therefore need to do is ask for a copy of the file, the letters in the file will have your reference number. To obtain a copy of your file from the home office you would need to do is submit a freedom of information act request. The fee of this is £10.00 and the home office will send you a copy of your whole file and everything they hold on record. Please see the following link on how to apply:

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards