How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello - Do you have a phone number for the UK border home

This answer was rated:

Hello - Do you have a phone number for the UK border home office?
Is this for the purpose of apply for register as a UK citizen?
What do you want to ask them?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes - I hired Kings Courts Chambers to prepare the application (British citizenship by descent) and they are telling me I do not need to have a British citizen as a referee if I do not have one.
Thanks for your patience.
I’m afraid that that the UKBA do not have a contact number to discuss issues like this. This is because they are there to regulate registration or UK nationals and visas, they are not there to offer advice. Solicitors and barristers are there to offer advice in this regard.
If you have instruct a barrister to prepare the application then you should trust them. Technically, I believe there is no legal requirement that one of the referees MUST be a UK citizen, which is to say that I do not think they would be successful in refusing to register an application because the applicant did not have a British referee provided that the applicant otherwise met the eligibility criteria.
It’s more of a policy decision I believe.
Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.
If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.
If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you