How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello - Do you know how I can find a referee in Dallas, Texas?

This answer was rated:

hello - Do you know how I can find a referee in Dallas, Texas? That is a requirement of he application.

Hi Thanks for your patience. I’m afraid that there is no such thing as a Expert referee that can provide you with the service of being a referee in these circumstances. If you refer to page 10 on the following guidance you will see that the referee must be personal to you, in that they must have usually known you for three years before the date of the application. You have to think about people of authority that have known you for three years, people like religious ministers, doctors, lawyers, teachers, public servants or bank managers. This person can be your first referee. The second is usually a british citizen that has also known you for that length of time. They must also either be over 25 or be a Expert in the same way that the aforementioned people are Experts. Have a think about how many of these type of people you know and hopefully you should be able to come up with the requisite two to act as your referee’s for the application. If you cannot find a UK citizen referee then you can use a citizen of the commonwealth provided that they are of Expert standing in their country (like the above Expert) and have known you for three years. Commonwealth member states are listed on the following website so a citizen of any of these countries are commonwealth citizens:- Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question. If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below. If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”. Kind regards, Tom

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you