How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i hold a certificate of entitlement of the right of abode on

This answer was rated:

i hold a uk certificate of entitlement of the right of abode  on a foreigner passport which is not part of the commonwealth nor EEA , EU do i need a visa to enter Greece and France such as schengen visa ?? i hold this certificate as i born in london before 1983 + my mother is a British national


Thanks for your patience.

I’m afraid so, a right of above is not the same thing as citizenship.

This means that other foreign countries will consider you on the basis of the citizenship that you hold. So whether you would need a visa or not depends on the actual countries policy for nationals of the country for which you hold a passport.

Therefore, if those countries require other citizens to apply for a Schengen visa then you will also have to do so until you obtain full UK citizenship and a UK passport.

I’m very sorry, but the right of abode does not extend so far as to alter how other countries view your nationality.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions