How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi Dear, UK Visa for health care workers Health care

This answer was rated:

Hi Dear,

UK Visa for health care workers

Health care workers would like to come to the UK for a 6 months period.
They have all qualified and graduated as a health care worker from the UK institutions in Philippine.
What visa options do they have?

Thank you.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Would they like to undertake employment within the uk with a UK employer?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.



Yes. that is a possibility.

They would like to find out what options are available.


Thank you

Thank you for your reply.

The fact is that firstly the only option they would have to obtain a UK visa would be to apply for a tier 2 visa. This visa allows the holder to undertake employment in the UK.

If they apply under any other visa then they would not be able to undertake work in the uk. In addition work would usually be for over a year as the home office requirements state that the employer would need to issue what I'd called a certificate of sponsorship which means that they are able to sponsor migrants from outside of the uk for employment.

The applicant's would firstly need to apply for employment with an employer who is a licenced sponsor, please see following link for list of licensed sponsors : of licensed sponsors for tier 2&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDQQFjAA&url=,d.bGE

Once they have obtained employment with a sponsored licence they would need to ensure that their job title is above nqf level 6, please see following link : code ukba&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCoQFjAA&url=,d.bGE

If their employment title is above nqf level 6 then their sponsor is able to issue what is called a certificate of sponsorship. Once they are issued with a certificate of sponsorship they may apply using the following link :

Unfortunately there is no visa that allows applications for applicant's whom want to undertake work in the uk for a period of 6 months or less ie a work placement. The applicant's would need to apply under the tier2 requirements enabling them to undertake employment in the uk.

I am sorry if the advice given is not what you wanted to hear but the immigration rules are very strict in respect of granting individuals leave to enter.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards