How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am a candain citizen and wanr to bring my girl friend from

This answer was rated:

i am a candain citizen and wanr to bring my girl friend from the phillplines to canda for a visit after that we plan to go back to the phillipines to get married and then have her apply for to live in canada i have a good job and there would be no problem surporting her can you please tell me what i need to do or if we can even get married in canada
Not my area of law although I do have some knowledge.

Firstly, visit visas for most developed countries will rely on proving that the individual intends to return to their home country, so evidence of a job to return to or other commitments to return to is usually a good idea. Stating that a visit is to see a boyfriend can often encourage the caseworker to question if the applicant will return home or instead might want to stay and thus breach the conditions of the visa.

As far as I am aware there is nothing to stop someone on a visit visa from marrying in Canada but she could not remain there after the marriage - the terms of the visit visa would not be altered by marriage.

With regard to a spouse visa, you should read the following page carefully as it does provide some very clear guidance:

Where couples have very recently been married just before making an application it can be very important to evidence the relationship prior to marriage.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have heard that there are lawyer that will help with the imigration paper work as i hear it can be very complex do uyou have any infromation that would help thank you for your time

Absolutely. There are a number of lawyers who specialise in Canadian Immigration issues. It is important that the person is experienced in this area. I can recommend one in Vancouver if you would like me to do so.

Did my previous reply answer your question?
Howard and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i live in saskatchawn which is a quite a distance from vancouver i went on the net and found a couple of lawyers there it would be hard to talk to him from here the lawyers i found are in saskatoon that is the closest i just don't want to do anything mess up her chances to come here again thank you for your time

No problem. Perhaps you could rate my response so I know if it was helpful or not?