UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I am eligible for full permanent residency since i have been

I am eligible for full permanent residency since i have been in the uk longer than 10years.

However i have a son who was born on the 20 dec 2004. At the time me and his dad were not married and his dad is british.

Although i thought he would automatically be british the immigration said to get a nigerian passport for son.

Now i want to apply for full residency my son's nigerian passport has expired.

Would this be a problem and would it lead to the refusal of my permanent residency?

I want to renew my son's nigerian passport but the nigerian embassy requires a letter of consent from his dad who at the moment is unwillingly to comply.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

What visa does your son currently have?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Same as mine discretionary leave to remain

Thank you for your reply.

It would not be a problem if you submit an expired passport while applying for indefinite leave to remain. What the home office may do is provide the indefinite leave to remain in a separate document, most probably a biometric residence card which will state that he has indefinite leave to remain. If you submit and application for indefinite leave to remain with and expired passport this would not effect your application.

What you need to do is apply using form Set o, please see the following link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/settlement/applicationtypes/applicationformset(o)/

You should add him as a dependent on your application. Once you have held indefinite leave to remain for one year both you and your son will be able to apply for British citizenship.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That sounds good

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards