How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi. I am currently under conditional discharge for 12 months

Customer Question

Hi. I am currently under conditional discharge for 12 months for two petty thefts in UK. I need to now apply for my visa extension from inside UK as a dependent. I would like to know If I can get my visa extended without any issues.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
You will probably be ok. This would be of far greater importance when it comes to ILR and Citizenship. Presumably you have no choice other than to apply for your visa anyway at this time and cannot wait until the 12-month period has passed.

The worst case scenario might be refusal but likely approval on appeal. There is a high probability that you will be approved though, as a conditional discharge is quite lenient.

It is vital that you disclose the information on the form - non-disclosure can be a basis for refusal even if what is not disclosed would not have resulted in refusal.
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
Do you have further questions or has your query been fully answered? Let me know!