How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I am pregnant and Im due to give birth on January

This answer was rated:

I am pregnant and I'm due to give birth on January 2014 in London.
I am bulgarian.
what nationality is my baby gonna be?
Thank you for your question. What basis are you in the Uk? how long have you been here? What nationality is the father and is he settled in the UK?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
we are both bulgarians who have been living and working in uk for the last 7 years
have you got permanent residence certificates? Did you get accession worker cards? As long as you have been here legally for 5 years you are entitled to permanent residence and your child will be entitled to British Citizenship = but you will need to be able to prove settled status at the date of birth so if you have not got permanent residence you should get it. If one of you was not here in compliance with the rules for 5 years you will not be settled and your child will not be british but may subsequently be registered as british when you have got permanent residendence
Senior Partner and 2 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you!
No problem, hope all goes well.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions