How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I have some doubts about my EEA application. Im

This answer was rated:


I have some doubts about my EEA application. I'm planning to fill in my employment details. During my stay in the UK, I got a job working for a danish software firm with an office in the UK. They promised to fix my work permit before my student visa expired which didn't go well as they where a bit slow and the clock was ticking really fast. I had to go back to my home country when my Tier 4 visa expired. I still retained the Job and worked as an independent contractor from my home country. My Fiancee comes to see me a couple of times and we got married. Now we are planning to apply for a family permit and i have some major concerns. I got that job working full time after graduation and i just realized that by law, Tier 4 visa holders are not allowed to work full time on a permanent position which i took as i thought i was allowed to work like that. Just want to know if this is going to be a major set back on our application. How can i fix this, What do i leave out in the application so as to be on a safer side.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE.

I would suggest that you do leave out anything in respect of your employment, the fact is that because you are applying for an eea resident permit it would not have too much an effect on your application.

When you apply as a family member of an eea national, the home office look at the wider picture in respect of your application, what I mean by this is that they consider the effects of the human rights act, ie the effect on no allowing individuals to have a right to family life and therefore I would suggest that you disclose that you were employed.

In any event the home office can now check by inserting your national insurance number and ascertain whether you were working or not and for how long . I would therefore suggest you disclose this information and state that you were unaware of you not being allowed to work more than the required hours.

I have seen individuals whom have overstayed for years obtaining an eea family permit and In your case I would not envisage your application being refused.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively. If however, you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question, please DO NOT rate my answer negatively, I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you