How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am engaged to a Filipino Women. And i am going to visit

This answer was rated:

I am engaged to a Filipino Women. And i am going to visit her in September 2013.Is it better for me to Marry her in the philipines or bring her back with me and Marry her Here. I Work full Time on a permanent contract at a NHS Hospital. So i earn more than £18,000 if you add on my Pension from my previous Employer.I also Own my own Bungalow.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

If you wish to marry her in the Philippines then this would be a better option as this will mean that you would not have to pay twice for two applications. However, it may be cheaper than arranging a wedding in the Philippines and taking a flight there.

Let me explain. If you wanted to marry in the uk and not in the Philippines then she would need to apply from the Philippines for a fiancé visa, this visa will allow her to come to the uk for 6 months within which you need to marry. Please see following link :

Before the 6 months expire and after the wedding she would need to apply for a spouse visa from inside the UK which will be granted for 2.5 years. Please see following link :

The requirements for both visas are the same ie 18600 pounds etc but with the fiance visa you would need to provide evidence of your marriage and arrangements that have been made and when the marriage will be undertaken.

If you wish to marry in the Philippines then all she would need to do after you have married is apply for a spouse visa from the Philippines and would be granted a visa for 2.5 years, please see following link :

It it totally up to you which option you go for.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively. If however, you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question, please DO NOT rate my answer negatively, I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you