How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have dual nationality British and Russian. My British passport

Customer Question

I have dual nationality British and Russian. My British passport will be in my married name my Russian passport and BRP id card are in my maiden name

Will my BRP id card be cancelled on issue of my British passport or can I continue to use it with my Russian passport for family visits to Russia?

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

If you have a bio metric residence permit then this should not be used if you are now a British citizen. There is nothing preventing you from using your Russian passport in your maiden name.

What I would do just for clarity is change your name in your Russian passport to match your British passport when it comes for renewal.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Kindly inform me why you have rated my answer negatively?

Kind regards

Related UK Immigration Law Questions