How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1991
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I married in Peru december 2010. My husband is. Due to visa

Customer Question

I married in Peru december 2010. My husband is Peruvian. Due to visa issues he did not come to the UK until 1st november 2011. Since that time he has been back to Peru on several occasions as the relationship has been stormy We are about to start afresh and he is due to come back to Uk in week. He has just told me that he is going to the Peruvian municipality, to show his passport and uk provisional driving liecence, and in doing this he will be giving up the right to vote in Peru My questions is !. What does this mean if anything 2 Do you think a legal person has given him this information? 3 What if any legal implications could this have for me 4 I have been financially keeping him Since May 2010 His UK visa is due for expiration January 2014 as it only runs for 2 years then he must apply for ILR (indefinite leave to remain) Thank you

PS I am 57 and he is 37 I am English! born in UK

I think what he is saying is that he is giving up his Peruvian

residency, I think.

But he is only on two year visa in UK. With out my sponsor ship

he could not stay in UK.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Fran

Yes I am ok to wait for a response it is an unusual question, and I want to know if this kind of issue was the kind of thing that a lawyer would give advice to do this and for what reason

So take your time

thank you

Kind Regards


Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hello Lesley,
It's an Immigration Law matter.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes continue searching

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right professional. Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately at your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok process my refund

thank you