How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, Im working as a contractor for a company in newcastle,

This answer was rated:

Hi, I'm working as a contractor for a company in newcastle, due to my tier 1 visa issue I'm working remotely from Morocco at the moment and they are working on the sponsorship stuff in the meantime.
I want to apply for a business visit visa to the UK in order to meet the team and attend some meetings, could you please tell me what are the documents a should provide to the authorities in the UK embassy in Morocco in order to have a strong application?
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

You can also apply to come to the UK as a business visitor if you intend to carry out any of the following 'permitted activities' here:

• attending meetings (including interviews that have been arranged before you come to the UK) or conferences;
• arranging deals, or negotiating or signing trade agreements or contracts;
• undertaking fact-finding missions;
• conducting site visits;
• delivering goods and passengers from abroad (as a lorry driver or coach driver, for example, provided you are genuinely working an international route);
• accompanying a tour group as a tour group courier, provided you are contracted to a firm outside the UK, and you intend to leave with that tour group;
• speaking at a 'one-off' conference where this is not run as a commercial concern;
• representing a foreign manufacturer by coming to service or repair its products within their initial period of guarantee;
• representing a foreign machine manufacturer by coming to erect and install machinery too heavy to be delivered in one piece, as part of the contract of purchase and supply;
• interpreting or translating for visiting business persons, provided you are employed by the overseas company and are coming solely to provide this service for the visiting company member;
• acting as a monteur (a worker such as a fitter or serviceperson) for up to 6 months to erect, dismantle, install, service, repair or advise on the development of foreign-made machinery;
• attending board meetings in the UK as a board-level director, provided you are not employed by a UK company (although you may be paid a fee for attending the meeting); and
• representing a computer software company by coming to install, debug or enhance their products. You may also come here as a business visitor to be briefed about a UK customer's requirements - but if you use your expertise to make a detailed assessment of a potential customer's requirements, we will regard this as consultancy work, for which you will need a visa under the points-based system.

To come to the UK as a business visitor, you must be able to show that:
• you are 18 or over;
• you intend to visit the UK for no more than 6 months (or 12 months if you are an academic visitor), unless you are a doctor taking the PLAB test (in which case you can apply to extend your stay and undertake a clinical attachment if you pass the PLAB test);
• you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
• you have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you and any dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends;
• you are based abroad and do not intend to transfer your base to the UK, even temporarily;
• you receive your salary from abroad (although it is acceptable for you to receive reasonable travel and subsistence expenses while you are in the UK);
• not be replacing someone in the UK, including for temporary leave periods;
• you can meet the cost of the return or onward journey; and
• you are not in transit to a country outside the 'Common Travel Area' (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).
You must also be able to show that, during your visit, you do not intend to:
• take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public;
• do a course of study;
• marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership; or
• receive private medical treatment

In respect of the documentation the following has been recommended by the Home office:

You may also wish to submit the following documentation:

1. Evidence of family in Morocco ie passport copies, pictures, birth certificates etc
2. Evidence of any properties you own in Morocco
3. Evidence of employment ie payslips
4. Bank statements for a period of 3 months (translated in to English)
5. Letter from your employer in respect of your visit,confirming the purpose of your visit and the duration. They may also wish to include that they will be sponsoring your visit but would need to provide evidence of their sponsorship.
6. Evidence of where you will be staying during your visit
7. A detailed covering letter with the application confirming you will be returning to Morocco after your visit.

To submit the application you will need to fill in form VAF1C please use the following link:

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively. If however, you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question, please do not rate my answer negatively, I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions