How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi:I am a 21 year old Belizean.I applied for a U.K

Customer Question




I am a 21 year old Belizean. I applied for a U.K visitor visa January 25th. Normally as a Belizean (British Commonwealth Citizen) I do not need a visa for a short visit in the U.K. But I went ahead and applied to apparently make things right, and it got refused, because I didn't provide accurate info of my stay in the U.K.


I really don't want to apply for a U.K Visitors visa, I really regret doing so. But, can I still go and give it a try? Travel and be ready to be question at the border? I am pretty sure they will ask me questions at the Heathrow Aiprort, but this time I will carry with me better supporting documents when asked by the U.K border officer. For eg. Round trip plane ticket, information of where I will be staying, receipts of booked hotel/flat, money I have available, etc... Also, I do not have any criminal record. I only wish to visit the u.k for 1 to 3 months.


Any advice to this, beside me applying all over again.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your patience.

Whilst the entry clearance officers do have a discretion to let you enter I would strongly advise that you apply for a visa again. This is because they will know that you have applied already and been rejected, they will assume that you are attempting to enter hoping that they will not know about this. They will.

The good news is that your earlier application will not prejudice your new application. They cannot reject you simply because your application was incomplete the first time and you simply need to show firm plans to leave the UK. Generally this is in the form of your return flight tickets and statement confirming what your plans are whilst you are here and what your reasons for visiting are.

You have to try and show them that you have continuing obligations in your home country which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that you are not a risk of overstay. Things like a letter from your employer stating you have a job and are expected to return to continue the job, return flight tickets, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property, bank statements showing the money you have available.

If you do this then you will be fine.

Simply trying to enter is too much of a risk in my view, they woudl probably refuse entry and you would have to swallow the cost of the flight tickets.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on your position. Please remember to rate my answer, if you are satisfied.

Kind regards,