How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is an international award-winning (Cannes Silver Lion,

This answer was rated:

My wife is an international award-winning (Cannes Silver Lion, D&AD - the most prestigious British award for advertising, and CLIO) producer. Is there a possibility she (and we, her family) could qualify for a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Visa that would allow us to stay for the year?

Thanks for your patience.

The problem is that Tier 1 exceptional talent visas are subject to a fixed number of endorsements, a fixed number of persons can apply within a given period and the endorsements are divided between 4 competent bodies who must provide the endorsement for the application.

Please refer to the following link for confirmation:-

The difficulty is that advertising does not clearly fit the within the ambit of either of the competent bodies, it’s not an science (royal society), a humanity (british academy), or engrineering (Royal academy of engineering). I would say that the most appropriate would be the arts council of Britain. However, I have strong doubts they would consider advertising to be an art, or at least an art worth preferring over the many other would-be applicants in more traditional arts that want an endorsement.

I am sorry that I could not have better news for you.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions