How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi,Can i bring my child to UK without ex husband permission?

This answer was rated:

Hi, Can i bring my child to UK without ex husband permission? I live in the UK with my second husband. He is British citizen. I have wife's visa FLR(M) for two years.


!!!! Any solution to help me and child live together in here

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm happy to help with your question today.

How old is your child?

Where does your child currently live?

Does your ex-husband agree to an application?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


My child 10 years old. He lives with my parents in Russia now. I live in England. My child doesn't want to live and stay with his father. He wants to live with me and stepfather in England.

My ex-husband doesn't agree to an application.



Hi Yulia

As a matter of English Law a person who is settled in the UK can apply for a dependent to join them. So in theory you can certainly bring your son to join you. However, you are probably only going to be able to do so with your ex-husbands agreement.

I am not an expert on Russian Law but I expect the laws to be similar to the UK. Here a child cannot leave the country unless both parents or a Court agree. If the child is taken without proper permission it could be seen as kidnap.


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Alex thanks for answer
Problem is home office here. I heard that they ask that permission paper for a visa .

Is it true? Or i can apply for visa without that paper? I am sorry but i don't know immigration law in England. So i need your help.



You will certainly need some written evidence that your son can leave his father and join you in England.
Alice H and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you