How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1988
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on a work permit expiring on 01/09/2013.I just have a

Customer Question

I am on a work permit expiring on 01/09/2013.I just have a baby born on 09/09/2012.I will need to apply for a dependant visa for my child please advise me which form to fill and am wondering if i can apply for my indefinite leave to remain. Please advise
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  jludwic replied 4 years ago.

Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

What country are you working in?

Where was your baby born?


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am working in UK and my baby was born in the uk

Expert:  jludwic replied 4 years ago.

I will have to have this question moved to UK immigration law. You are in the US immigration law category.

Please be patient. Do not respond as that will cause more delay.


Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Wendy,

Many thanks for getting back to us. Any idea how long that will take? We are planning to travel in March and would like to plan accordingly.

If you believe this will take a log time, then please cancel this question (and please refund IF any money has been charged)

Kind Regards

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Response times vary due to the question and the Professional online at any particular time. We will continue our search for a Professional to help you.

Thank you for your patience,

Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Can you please let me have some further information. When did you first come to the UK. What type of work permit do you hold. Are you here under the points based system or under the old wrok permit system. Are you married to your partner and is he or she your dependent? What nationality are you both. Have you applied for a passport for your child?

Related UK Immigration Law Questions