How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good morning, Russian national living in the UK, British husband

This answer was rated:

Good morning,
Russian national living in the UK, British husband and child (spouse visa) currently in the US, on holiday has had her documentation {visa right to enter UK) stolen whilst shopping in the US.

Question is what can be done, they return to the UK in two days into Heathrow, without this important pieces of documentation how can she return to the UK? will she be allowed back in?
Is it the russian national wife who has had the documentation stolen, rather than the child?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes it is the wife, who is the Russian national


Thanks for your reply.

She needs to contact the british embassy in the united states immediately. They will have records of her passport and her spouse visa. She needs to explain to them what has happened and ask them to give her an emergency travel documents.

This document would allow her to travel from the united states to the united kingdom in the same way that she would've done if she still had her passport.

Once she is in the uk she will have to apply for another passport and then apply to the united kingdom border agency to have her visa transferred into her new passport.

If this is useful please kindly click accept and rate my answer as okay service or above. If you do not then I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your questions.

Kind regards.
Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions