How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my husband has moved from the marital home but he has still

This answer was rated:

my husband has moved from the marital home but he has still been telling me we will get back togther until i found out he has been sleeping with someone else, we have two children he has a visa to stay in the uk idefinatly but i think he has been cheating since i meet him he has an egyptian passport and got his indefinate visa 2011, can i get him deported?

Thanks for your patience.

If has held indefinite leave to remain since 2011 then I’m afraid that the chances of him being deported now are very remote.

The UKBA will only take action to revoke a person’s indefinite leave to remain if they have clear evidence that the marriage was not genuine and credible. When it does happen, which is not very often, it is usually because the marriage is a complete sham and that the only purpose was to get the person ILR.

Given that your marriage does appear to have been genuine and credible, albeit that you may have had some concerns about the relative health of the marriage, I cannot see how the UKBA would not take action to revoke his ILR.

A person’s suspicions of infidelity are not usually acceptable as a sole basis to revoke.

Additionally, his position is strengthened hugely if you have had children together.

I really think it best that you refocus your energies on either resolving your marriage or divorcing and reaching a financial settlement which is most favourable to you.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions