How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I will like to know what is regarded as evidence

This answer was rated:


I will like to know what is regarded as evidence for "large part of my estate" and "establishing a home" in the extract of discretion when considering naturalisation applications below.

If you have been absent from the UK for more than 180 days in total during the final year, we will only disregard the absence if:

you have met the residence requirements over the qualifying period; and
you have demonstrated a link with the UK by establishing your home, family and a large part of yourestate here; and
the absence occurred because you were serving abroad in Crown service, or for a compelling occupational or compassionate reason.

Kind Regards,
Hi Afolabi

Thanks for your patience.

“establishing a home” basically means that your permanent residence has been in the UK. So if you have bought or rented a residential property in the UK and you have lived there thoughout your time during the residential qualifying period (albeit that you may have spent a number of days outside the UK for various reasons) then you would meet this requirement.

As evidence you would have to show the land registry documentation (if you own your home) or old tenancy agreements (if rented), together with old utility bills, council tax correspondence and other documentary evidence addressed to the relevant property or properties like bank statements.

“large part of my estate” is referring to the things that form your estate which you would leave if you passed away. So, it’s referring to the assets that you own. If the majority of your assets (eg. Bank accounts, savings account, shares, insurance policies, pensions etc) are in the UK then you would meet this criteria as well.

Agains, you would produce all the relevant statements and correspondence for this as evidence that you meet this.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions