How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I acquired the british Citizenship in 2009. I now need to renew

This answer was rated:

I acquired the british Citizenship in 2009. I now need to renew my kids' passport. On the form I need to put my Citizenship number ? I have called Wandsworth Council that do not record them prior to 2011 and can't get any answer from the home office. What shall I do, where can I find this magic number ?

Did you acquire UK citizenship by applying for naturalisation?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, in 2009 in Wandworth

Do you have your certificate of naturalisation?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am a Certificate of Citizenship ?


Thanks for your patience.

When you naturalised as a UK citizen you should have received a Certificate of Naturalisation confirming your naturalisation. This certificate will have reference number on it.

This is the number that you now need to enter in to the form, so you will have to dig it out and find it.

I would suggest that in a covering letter you explain that you have naturalised enclosing a copy of the certificate and also a copy of your passport whilst noting in the letter your passport number.

This should be fine.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you