How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my name is XXXXX XXXXX more than 30 years uk recident, but

This answer was rated:

my name is XXXXX XXXXX more than 30 years uk recident, but still dutch national
at this moment we are in holland, and my pasport ,which expires soon must be renewed...the dutch ambassy in NL demands comfirmation of the none-acquisition of British Citizenship!! please help me how to get this document!!

Thanks for your question.

You will see from the following link that there is guidance on the united kingdom border agency website on how are you can obtain a certificate of this time:

You will also see that there are links to the form required to submit to the united kingdom border agency so that they will return this certificate.

You will note at the beginning of a text on this page that these are required specifically for the purpose that you seek.

If this is useful please kindly click accept and rate my answer as okay service or above. If you do not I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hallo Tom,

many thanks for your info.....but i donot understand why we now have to pay ,to proof that i am not a british citizen, and the previous 33 years not!!!

Thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid that it is a requirement imposed by the netherlands government.

I presume that this is required by them because they would not automatically receive notification of naturalization or acquisition of u k citizenship. Therefore they now require proof that you have not acquired british citizenship.

Sometimes countries do not permit dual nationality and so when a person acquires another form of citizenship this means that the citizenship is revoked.

I appreciate it's a bit of a pain and sympathize. I do think that you are better off big writing lee complying in this case.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Kind regards.

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
wy is it si difficult just to renew mine pasport.

It is a decision of the dutch government I'm afraid. I am a u k solicitor and so I am not particularly well placed to tell you why. However I believe it is because they do not automatically receive notification of when one of their citizens becomes a u k citizens and so they require this in order to check when you renew your passport.

It is a shame that they cannot take you at your worst however it is better to play by the rules because it would take less time.

Thanks for rating my answer.

Kind regards.
Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions