How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I am married to a Ghanaian citizen and have two children

This answer was rated:

I am married to a Ghanaian citizen and have two children with her.
I would like to bring her to the UK to live with me
Can this be done?
My work means that I will be away from the UK for a few weeks regularly but I always return to the UK, have a house and UK bank accounts
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

What nationality do you currently hold?
How much salary do you earn gross?
Do you have any savings?
How long have you been employed?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My nationality is English.

My salary is around £90,000 a year.

I have around £20,000 savings

I have been employed with my current employer in Ghana for nearly 5 years


Thank you for your reply.

Just to clarify.

Is your residency in Ghana or the uk?
Where is your primary base of business? The uk or abroad?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am a UK citizen, born and breed in the UK, I just work in Ghana for a German based mining equipment maker .


Thank you for your reply.

Yes you are able to invite your wife and children to permanently reside with you in the uk. The important fact here is the requirements for entry clearance , please see following link :

As you will see from the link you meet the financial requirements in order for your family to join you in the uk. You must ensure that your wife also meets the English language requirements under the Immigration Rules which are that her English must be at an A1 level.

You must also ensure that you meet the accommodation requirements which are that you can adequately accommodate your family upon their arrival to the uk . You would need to provide a house report confirming adequate space for your family by approaching either an estate agent or your local council to undertake a house report.

You should also provide evidence of your permanent residency in the uk by providing evidence regarding your property in addition to correspondence sent to your address in the uk.

You would also need to provide evidence that your relationship with your wife and children is still subsisting, so photographs, emails, evidence of you sending money to your family should also be enclosed with the application. This should prove to the immigration officer that you and your wife are in a subsisting relationship and intend to permanently reside together in the uk. You must also supply your,marriage certificate and your children's birth certificates.

Your wife would need to apply using form VAF4A, form and the guidance can be found at the following link :

Once you have completed the forms you must then book an appointment with the British embassy in Ghana to submit the application.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions