Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I am currently on a two year Spouse visa in the UK, and due

I am currently on a two year Spouse visa in the UK, and due to apply for indefinite leave to remain permit in the UK in June 2013, Both my wife and my son are British Citizen.
I want to ask how likely I am going to be granted with an indefinite leave to remain.
Because I have been convicted in 12 May 2011 for PROCESS GOODS WITH FALSE TRADE MARK FOR SALE OR HIRE ON 16 Jan 2009, and been setenced with 120 hrs unpaid community work.
Financially, my wife is on housing benefit and not working, and I am only doing a 20 hour part-time job.
Please advise me!
Many thanks

hi

Thanks for your question

You will be aware that as a requirement for naturalization you must meet the united kingdom border agency requirements in terms of good character

The united kingdom border agency also committed to take into account good character when considering whether or not a person should be granted indefinite leave to remain good character is generally regarded as not having any unspent convictions update the application is submitted to the u k b a.

If you only received this sentence to describe in your original question then the spent. For this conviction the spent period is 5 years

It is therefore possible thr united kingdom border agency good project your application on this basis

Ho weverif you are able to mitigate the offence by explaining any surrounding circumstances which contributed to you commiting this offence and are also able to provide extensive character references then it is likely that you will still be granted indefinite leave to remain

Because of the slightly complicated nature of your application I would highly suggest that you should instruct a solicitor to prepare your application for indefinite leave to remain.

Provided you do this you will still have a good chance I'll be successful in your application

Pllease kindly rate my answer as okay service for adults otherwise I did not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question Kind regards Tom