How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi INC .This follows my yesterdays question If my son decides

This answer was rated:

Hi INC .This follows my yesterday's question
If my son decides to take a GAP year will he be able to travel abroad for a course or for any other reason if he stays out of UK for 12 months will this effect his application of indefinite stay in Uk .Just to capture he is on Tier-1 dependant came in sept 2009 date of birth 12/06/1994 Thanks


Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.


Hi, yes it will affe t his application for ILR as he will have to ensure that he meets the requirements of the residential qualifying period for ILR. If he spends too much time outside the uk, his application may be refused.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.


Kind regards,

INC and 2 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions