How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A friend of mine got married to EEAU2,the husband followed

This answer was rated:

A friend of mine got married to EEAU2,the husband followed the wife to her home town for marriage rite,later came back and the wife now applied for permanent resident,,,is she going to b given resident permit

Where is she please?

What nationality is her husband?

Has her husband returned to the UK?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

she is in uk,,from finland,,yes


Ok. The wife is a citizen of Finland. She is in the UK.

Is the above correct?

What nationality is the husband?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the wife is a nigerian,,the husband is from finland,,,,they both lives in uk


Is the wife legally in the UK?

Who has applied - the wife or husband?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the wife is not,,the wife


Thanks for your patience.

She should have applied for a Residence Card. Permanent Residence is for people here under EEA rules who have remained legally here for a continuous period of 5 years.

You will see from the following link how to apply for a Residence Card by form EEA2, if this s what she has applied for then she has made the correct application:-

If she has done this and is able to prove their identity then she should be okay. However, if she is not here legally then it is possible that they may reject her application and force you to appeal.

If they do this then they will have to argue that they otherwise meet the eligibility requirements but that it would be unreasonable and disproportionate to expect her to return to her home country only to make the application from there and be approved only a few weeks later. They would probably be successful on this point.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you