How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my children re in uk,but their visa is expired b4 my aunty

Customer Question

my children re in uk,but their visa is expired b4 my aunty decide to take their parental responsibility and now she obtain primary and secondary school form for them,but they still request for thier visa,,,hope they will not b depoted because their visa is expired
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. How long have they been in the UK? What form of visa did they have?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

5months,,,,visiting visa

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

5months,,,,,visiting visa

Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the further information. If your children are here on visitors visa's then they have no claim Jo stay here on any other basis and are expected to leave at the end of their visit. They will not be eligible for free education if they cannot prove residence. I assume from what you say you are not here with them. So I am afraid it is quite likely that they will be deported unless they are eligible hoe asylum for some reason. What nationality are they ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
Thanks I am afraid that will not enable them to claim asylum. How old are they and who is looking after them?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

14,,,12,,,9,,,3,,,,of ages,,my aunty is taking their responsibility

Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
Is she a real aunt? There are some every bad stories about children being sent to the UK to stay with a so called aunt and then being abandoned without documentation etc. They have no right to be here and not claim to stay and my advice would be to get them home again - if the authorities find out they are here without you illegally the chances are they will be taken into care and deported.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions