How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

for t_graham12 ok well what if i make appeal for all my cases

This answer was rated:

for t_graham12
ok well what if i make appeal for all my cases even outside the country is that possible? what kind of lawyer i should call for that? do you have any suggestion? all my offenses occured in the DMV area (maryland virginia and washington ) and they are all misdemeanor which are easy to fight for i believe? how long it would take? how much it would be approximatively? because all those records are expungeable if they are expungeapble means i am still forgivable. i think my mistake is that i never really follow all the requirement to do and at the begining i was not speaking good english and i never choose good lawyer? i believe i cam make an appeal for the decision they took to refuse me the visa so please would you advise me? because i do not really even want to go study in UK because it means i will have to start everything over ... please give me the best advise to do ... i believe lawyer can represent even when you are not physically at the place and trust me some of the case i just plaid guilty because it was the easyest and safest way to avoid jail time and pay less because i am a student i never wanted to bother my parents with all those problems but today they are aware of everything so they would support me for everything because me i dont have no salary .... i believe i can make an appeal i am willing to pay whatever the cost will be please help me thanks

Thanks for your patience.

If you think that you can get the offences expunged then you need to speak with a US attorney about this.

It does not get around the fact that you have – in effect – deceived the UKBA by stating that you have not been convicted because you have. You need to write to them to outline the discrepancy in your answer in the application and what has actually happened to you immediately. If you do not then it will badly affect your future applications.

If you do not genuinely intend to study in the UK then you should not be applying for a student visa, simple as that.

The offences will likely cause problems for you with most types of visa applications.

However, if you were to apply for a visa based upon an impending marriage to a UK national or a foreign national holding Indefinite Leave to remain in the UK then the convictions would not be taken in to account because your Human Right under Article 8 Right to a Family and Private Life supercedes these types of convictions.

Similarly if you applied on the basis of your marriage to a EEA member state national (ie. European person) then they would not affect your ability to come here to settle with them.

Take it step by step. Write to the UKBA. Take advice with respect to expungement of your offences from a US attorney. Then genuinely consider whether a student visa is the right application for you.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you