How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hold a visa settlement spouse/CP(kol req), and its valid

This answer was rated:

I hold a visa settlement spouse/CP(kol req), and its valid until 04/07/2013, what is my next step, then my daughters also hold a visa to acc parent(s), and the eldest daughter turn 18 in last year, please give me advise regarding the next step....Thanks Elda

When was your visa originally granted?

When did you physically enter the UK on this visa?

What was the start date of your daughter's visas?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

HI Tom


1. Visa granted the 04/04/2011 and valid until 04/07/2013


2. We entered the UK on 04/05/2011.


3. Daughters the same.


4. I also wrote and English exam, before I received the visa in South Africa.



Thanks for your patience.


You are not affected by the recent rule changes and you will be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain a month before your visa expires provided that you have observed the conditions of your visa and are still in a married relationship with your spouse. Confirmation here-


Similarly your children that have come here with your will also be able to apply for ILR at the same time you do, please see confirmation here on the final paragraph under the heading “Children under 18):-


However, you can only name them in your application for ILR (so that they also get ILR) if they are under 18 at the time of the application. With respect to your other child who is already over 18 (and any other that are over 18 at the time you make the application) they will have to make their own appliaction because once you are over 18 you are no longer regarded as a child dependent but as an independent adult .


Therefore she will have to make her own application using her own application form.


Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.


If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.


If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.


Kind regards,



Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Tom


Just want to say thank you so much for the info, it help a lot.



Hi Elda,

No problem. Thank you.

Please remember to rate my answer though!