How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7618
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi My name is XXXXX XXXXX husband , Kebba Manjang, is living

This answer was rated:

Hi My name is XXXXX XXXXX husband , Kebba Manjang, is living with me, here in UK , he had been issued a 6 months EEA Family permit. His visa is now about to run out ( 17.11.) and we looked online for the form to apply for the next Permit but can not find it, all the forms that come up there are :
Tier 2 Migrant online application, FLR (M), Tier 5 Migrant online application,FLR (O) . Can you please tell me which one it is, if any? I have been trying to ring the home office without success but need obviously to know. My husband wishes to apply for the EEA Family Permit 2. Thank you very much !!! Angela Jacobs

What nationality are you please Angela?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

german been in uk 18 years , my children live here



Thanks for your patience.

As you have correctly identified, he should now apply for an EEA Residence Card, which confirms his right of residence in the UK on the basis of your marriage:-

You will see that on the right-hand side there are links to the application forms. The one that you need is Form EE2 which is the uppermost of the two forms on the page and is available for download as a .PDF file.

It will either take the form of an endorsement in his passport or as a separate immigration status documents confirming his right to reside here for 5 years.

At the end of this time she will be able to apply for a Permanent Residence here if she wishes and has not spent significant time outside the UK.

In actual fact he would not be removed from the UK even if his family permit expires, because his right to remain does not derive from the permit itself; it derives from the fact that he is married to you (an EEA national). You will see that the following:-
“Do you need to apply?
You do not need to obtain documents confirming your right of residence in the UK if you are a family member of an EEA national.” Is stated on this page:-
Which confirms that it is not a requirement as such, but it is highly advisable to apply for a Residence Card simply because it very easily proves his right to remain in the UK to prospective employers and means that he does not have to apply for Family Permit if he leaves and then attempts to re-enter the UK.
I have a meeting now for half an hour, if you have further questions I will be able to answer them when I return.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you