UK Immigration Law

Have UK Immigration Law Questions? Get Answers Now.

UK Immigration Law

HI, AM MARRIED TO AN EU NATIONALITY SINCE 2009 IN UK AND AM

HI, AM MARRIED TO AN...
HI, AM MARRIED TO AN EU NATIONALITY SINCE 2009 IN UK AND AM LIVING TO DATE WITH MY WIFE UP TO DATE . ABOUT 7 MOTH AGO I GOT A LETTER FROM THE HOME OFFICE ASKING ME TO SEND ALL THE PROOF I HAVE TO SHOW THAT I STILL LIVE W MY WIFE AND HAVE SEND ALL DOCUMENT TO THEM THROUGH MY SOLICITOR OVER 5 MONTH NOW AND WE HAVE NOT HERE ANY REPLY FROM THEM . CAN U PLS TELL ME WHAT MIGHT BE THE SITUATION.
THANKS
9/24/2012
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor

Do you have an EEA Residence Card?

Did the UKBA say why they were asking for this proof?

Did the UKBA say what would happen if you did not send the proof?

Tom

YES I HAVE EEA CARD, AND DEY TOLD ME IF I DONT HAVE THE PROOF TO SHOW THEY CAN TAKE THE DOCUMENT BACK FROM ME

Hi

Thanks for your patience.

They are simply check to ensure that you remain married and in a relationship with your wife. If your marriage ceased to her then your right to remain in the UK would also cease because you have treaty rights dependent on her.

If certain circumstances applied to you in terms of the length of time you have been in the UK and the length of time you have been married to her then you would be able to apply for a retention of treaty rights even if you divorced.

I expect that the UKBA has received your documentation, are satisfied that you still have EEA rights based on your wife and has simply neglected to contact you again. If they have not taken enforcement action against you already then there is not much to worry about.

However, I would advise you to ask your solicitor to write follow up letter to the UKBA asking for them to acknowledge that the supporting documentation was sufficient and that they do not require any further information

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Thomas
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor