How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7618
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am nigerian.I gave birth to a baby

This answer was rated:

hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am nigerian.I gave birth to a baby here last month and I am on a student visa,so is the father of the baby who is also nigerian.I would like to know if there is any forum or law where we can register or apply for ILR or leave to remain for some years before my child reaches the seven year concensus.I would love to remain legal for the next seven years but not with a student visa.Our current visa expires in june 2013.Thank you.

Thanks for your question.

I'm afraid not. The fact that you have had a child in the UK does not make a difference if neither you or the other parent do not have ILR at the time the child was born.

I'm afraid that you will have to continue to seek ILR under the same conditions as you had before you had the child.

I'm sure you consider it unfair but this is how the British Nationality Act and the Immigration Rules work unfortunately.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you