How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iam planning a trip to England on a two wek tour. I was Born

This answer was rated:

Iam planning a trip to England on a two wek tour. I was Born in England, have a British birth certificate, am I still considered to have Citizenship status. Even though I have Canadadian Citizenship, and been in Canada since 1947.

Thanks for your patience.

Therefore, you can apply for a UK passport by producing your UK birth certificate:-

Canada allows dual citizenship so your obtaining UK citizenship and getting a passport should not be a problem.

However, if you are coming to the UK on your Canadian passport you will be able to enter without applying for a visa before you travel anyway..

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thankyou for you answer. Actually I am wondering seeing as I was born in England do I have any rights for medical treatment if I require it. It's not an issue with me, as I have purchased the necessary travel insurance. Just it was suggested to me that I may have rsidence status.


Not for a visit, no. The criteria that you should permanently reside in the UK, which you don't so unless you are you able to provide evidence that you were to resume permanently living in the UK you will be charged for the medical care that you receive here.

You should therefore make sure you have travel insurancce until such time as you are able to prove you intend to reside here permanently.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Kind regards


Related UK Immigration Law Questions