How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello there, am an overstayer and pregnant with a british citizen,

This answer was rated:

hello there, am an overstayer and pregnant with a british citizen, i would just like to make my status legal am so stressed and feel sick when ever i think about it. how can you help me?

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues.

How long have you been in the UK for, are you married, what visa did you have previously?

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have been in the UK for nearly 4 years. i came to the uk in december 2008 on a working holiday visa. Am not married am just pregnant with my boyfriend of 9 months

I am afraid you would need to return home and make an application to return to the UK unless there is a human right issue in which case you could try for your status to be legalised in country. It will be an extremely complex process and you will need a good lawyer to represent you.

Being pregant of a British citizen does not give you the automatic right to remain in the UK I am afraid as you should have gone back when your working holiday visa expired.

Sorry but I can only advise on the law
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i know it doesnt give me a right to remain but was just wondering if theres any kind of visa i could apply for. i know about the out of immigration rules but not sure which forms to use

Form to use is FLR(O).

You may apply under humanitarian reasons:

Please leave positive feedback
UKSolicitorJA and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks very much

Good luck. Please remember to leave feedback.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions